Tips to follow when your PCR results positive- Dr Rabindra Sameer
Dr. Rabindra Sameer
Dr. Sameer is a Public Health Specialist
The new variant of COVID-19 is not as of last year. Get a PCR test right away if you have symptoms like fever, cough, body aches, and loss of taste and smell, diarrhoea or vomiting, fatigue, drowsiness, rashes or red inflammation. At present, if one member of the family is infected, everyone might get infected. Therefore, if you see any symptoms, stay isolated. If you suspect an infection, get a PCR test immediately. The sooner the disease is detected, the sooner it can be treated.
· If you are COVID positive, don’t just rely on supplements (vitamin or immune booster) like last year. This time COVID turns pneumonia quickly, so visit the fever clinic of the nearest COVID hospital immediately. The doctor will advise you to have a chest x-ray, blood test, and CT scan as needed. If your condition is bad they will prescribe medicine or admit you. Follow their advice strictly.
· Do not stay indoors if you have a long-term fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty in eating, or if the oxygen level is below 94. In this case, you may have a chest infection. The sooner you get to the hospital, the sooner you are admitted and the easier it is to recover.
· People who were infected last year or vaccinated this year can also be infected. This variant can make your condition severe. Don’t be fooled into believing that the antibodies from your vaccination are enough to protect you. If you feel unwell, go to the hospital immediately.
· Don’t stay at home thinking nothing will happen to children and youngsters. This time, the infection rate, severity and mortality rate of children and youth are higher than last year.
· While going to the hospital, if you sleep with your face down, the oxygen level will increase. Therefore, sleep on your stomach. Don’t worry that the hospital is about the hospital being crowded. Not everyone has to be admitted to the hospital. The packed hospitals are giving oxygen even outside the hospital.
· Don’t stay at home with oxygen without a doctor’s advice. Oxygen is not a cure. Oxygen should be administered during pneumonia or other chest infections. Oxygen levels should be increased only according to the doctor’s advice.
· Treatment can be different for each person. Medication that cures one person may not cure another. Therefore, do not take the medicine recommended by a person other than a health worker. It is wrong to say that any medicine can cure or prevent COVID-19.
· Do not take any Ayurvedic medicine to increase immunity. Only take Ayurvedic medicine as per the recommendation of the concerned doctor and health worker. Ayurvedic medicine does not cure COVID but increases your stamina. In this case, the integrated treatment of all medical systems is effective.
· This time the infection can affect the lungs very quickly. It can affect a lot in 4 to 6 hours. So don’t wait for tomorrow to go to the hospital. Listen to the words of those who have recovered.
· Even when a doctor prescribes medication, it can have an internal effect. As it is a viral infection, you should not rely on antibiotics. In this case, it is safe to have a chest X-ray or CT scan.
· Doctors pay more attention to critically ill patients in the hospital. Therefore, don’t panic.
· Even if the PCR is negative after the treatment, COVID may have affected your various organs. According to the doctor’s advice, it is necessary to get proper treatment.
· Avoid infection by following the information, vigilance and public health standards issued by the government. Please don’t be careless.
· Let’s be careful not to let ourselves, our families and our society get infected. We don’t have to go to the hospital if we are alert.
Related Opinion Forum
Embracing Coexistence for Human Rights Protection and Development
The Informal Sector Service Center (INSEC) has been a leading advocate for human rights in Nepal since its establishment in 1989."I pay my heartfelt tribute to the late respected Prakash…
Human Rights: Basis of Political Civilization
Although different political systems comment on human rights in different ways, it is a definite principle and we firmly believe that it should not be violated by the state, society…
Saving National Human Rights Commission
The Sub-Committee on Accreditation (SCA) of the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) is set to execute its decision to downgrade the status of the National Human Rights…
Election, Rule of Law and Human Rights
The trials and tribulations of Nepal over three decades of political and social changes have firmly established social justice as an inseparable part of human rights. After two elections of…
The Contemporary Definition of Development
The world is in currently in an economic and strategic crisis. The ongoing conflict between countries with great powers has created a tense situation. Ukraine, which supplies up to 40…