Update of September 9 Regarding Corona Virus Infection
On September 9, an additional 1,081 cases were diagnosed with which there are now 49, 212 corona virus-infected people in Nepal. According to the Ministry of Health and Population, 33,882 have been discharged after recovery. On September 9, 918 were discharged. Out of the total number of infected, 68.8% have recovered after treatment. At present, there are 15,025 people being treated in different hospitals nationwide. Till now, the death toll has reached 312. According to the Ministry, in the past 24 hours, 11,167 swabs were tested.
In Province 1,
According to Morang representative Netra Prasad Adhikari, action will be taken against the hospital in Biratnagar for not providing treatment due to coronavirus. The district administration office has instructed to create a favourable environment for the patients brought for treatment as the number of deaths due to non-availability of treatment has increased. Chief District Officer Koshahari Niraula said that the hospital was not exempted from treatment on this or that pretext and warned those who were reluctant to undergo treatment to take part in the action. Stating that the general public has to suffer and lose their lives due to famine while the hospital is doing its best, CDO Niraula said that everyone has been reminded about the law related to the health treatment of patients. The Public Health Act 2075 states that regular, easy, accessible, effective; quality and citizen’s access to health care should be established. Stating that the law has protected the right of the citizens to get basic and emergency health care, CDO Niraula said that there is no alternative to take action against those who are reluctant to seek treatment. The Biratnagar High Court has also issued an interim order on August 22 to arrange immediate treatment for patients with health problems other than those infected with corona. A bench of Chief Justice Til Prasad Shrestha and Justice Prem Raj Karki had issued the order in the name of the concerned bodies including the state government, Biratnagar Metropolitan City and the hospital.
According to Jhapa Representative, Naresh Khati, the office of the municipality has been closed till mid-September after the health coordinator of Shivasatakshi Municipality was confirmed to be infected with the coronavirus. The meeting held on September 8 decided to close the office considering the situation of coronavirus infection, said Ward Chairman of Ward-9. Coronavirus infection has been confirmed to the health coordinator of the municipality on September 8.
According to Bhojpur Representative, Ganesh Bista, after the coronavirus infection was confirmed in two women and three men in Shadananda municipality, the municipality has issued a public notice to the public not to go out except for urgent work. A meeting of the Disaster Management Committee on August 8 decided to seal Dingla Bazaar for one year saying that the risk of coronavirus infection would increase, said Mayor of the Municipality Birbal Rai. Work in all 13 wards has been suspended since September 10. Mayor Rai said that all the services of the municipality have been shut down except for the much-needed work.
In this province, 396 cases of coronavirus were confirmed in Kathmandu, 51 in Makwanpur, 41 in Bhaktapur, 35 in Kavrepalanchok, 34 in Lalitpur, 21 in Chitwan, five in Dhading, three each in Ramechhap and Sindhupalchowk, two in Dolakh and one in Nuwakot. According to the Ministry of Social Development. At the same time, the number of infected people in the state has reached 12,515. Of them, 5,097 have returned home after treatment while 7,328 are undergoing treatment at various hospitals and isolation centres. Two more people, including a woman and a man, have died in Kathmandu, bringing the total number of deaths due to coronavirus infection in the state to 90 so far.
Meanwhile, a joint meeting of the Chief District Officers of Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Lalitpur held on September 9 has decided to relax the prohibition in the Kathmandu Valley. Accordingly, the vehicles will be operated on the basis of the push-pull system with effect from September 10, opening industries and factories by adopting health safety standards and conducting business. However, crowds and direct contact with each other such as gatherings, seminars, processions, processions, festivals, crowds in factories and businesses, running educational institutions, opening cinemas, salons, beauty parlours, Libraries, zoos will not be opened and workers will not be allowed to move against the health standards.
In Gandaki Province,
According to Tanahu Representative Prakash Chandra Bhattarai, a prohibition has been issued for the third time in Tanahu’s Bhanu municipality. The District Administration Office, Tanahu has re-issued the restraining order after the second restraining order expired at 12 noon on September 8. Chief District Officer Sagar Acharya said that the injunction has been extended till mid-September. Acharya said that the ban has been extended for one week as the municipality has recommended adding a ban. A ban was issued in Bhanu Municipality for the first time from September 1 to 14 and for the second time from September 15 to 24 after the corona infection was seen in the community. The Bhanu Municipality has requested all the citizens who are under contract tracing and suspicion in the infected areas to coordinate with the municipality for PCR testing. Mayor Uday Raj Gauli said that the municipality was sensitive to the inconvenience caused to the people due to the prohibition.
According to Kapilbastu representative Parbati Acharya, a 62-year-old journalist has died in Kapilbastu on September 7 due to coronavirus infection. Corona was confirmed after the death of the journalist, who also had kidney problems, diabetes and high blood pressure, said Kumar Thapa, Corona Focal Person at the Health Office. According to the health office, the swab was collected and sent to the laboratory of Lumbini Provincial Hospital. The journalist, who was suffering from chronic illness, was rushed to Kapilvastu Hospital on the afternoon of the 22nd due to respiratory problems. The family confirmed that he had died after being taken to hospital with symptoms similar to the common cold and respiratory problems. The deceased was undergoing kidney dialysis at Bhairahawa Universal Medical College. He has been working as a Kapilbastu correspondent for Nepal Television for a long time and was the former vice president of the Federation of Nepali Journalists Kapilbastu. Son and daughter-in-law of the deceased are undergoing treatment at the Isolation Centre after the corona was confirmed.
Update of March 3 Regarding COVID-19 Infection
The number of COVID-19 infected people has reached 274,381 after additional 87 new cases were detected positive in Nepal on March 3, 2020. According to the Ministry of Health and…
Update of March 2 Regarding COVID-19 Infection
The number of COVID-19 infected people has reached 274,294 after additional 78 new cases were detected positive in Nepal on March 2, 2020. According to the Ministry of Health and…
A Two-Member Committee Formed For Dialogue between the Government and Banned CPN
The government and the banned Communist Party of Nepal led by Netra Bikram Chand 'Biplav' have formed a committee for dialogue on March 2, 2020. The government formed a discussion-team…
Update of March 1 Regarding COVID-19 Infection
The number of COVID-19 infected people has reached 274,216 after additional 73 new cases were detected positive in Nepal on March 1, 2020. According to the Ministry of Health and…