Girl Died During Chaupadi in a cattle shed
Roshani Tiruwa, 15 of Gajra VDC-7 has been found dead while she was in a Chaupadi cattle shed. The VDC was declared Chaupadi-free only last year. Prior to the incident, Tiruwa had a dinner with her family before going to “Chaugoth” on the evening of December 17. Her body was recovered late next morning.
The initial investigation found that she might have been suffocated to death as there were no windows in the room and wood fire was burning inside according to inspector Badri Prasad Dhakal of DPO.
According to police there were no bruises in her body and her body is being prepared to be sent in headquarter Mangalsen for postmortem.
Just a month ago, 26 years old Dambara Upadyaya of Timilsen VDC died in a Chaupadi cattleshed. In Achham district, a total of nine women had already died during a Chaupadi practice since 2007.
The government and non-government organizations have been operating campaign against Chaupadi practice however it has not given any positive result yet.
Last year, Gajra VDC was declared Chaupadi-free VDC. In Achham, 32 VDCs have already been declared as Chaupadi-free VDCs.
Shiva Raj Dhungana
Sexual Abuse Accused Arrested
Police have arrested Pradip Yadav (25) of Devgunj rural municipality-2 on 5 August 2020 in accusation of raping a 16-year-old girl. The victim was abused on 4 August 2020 and…
Rape Accused Arrested
Police have arrested a 17-year-old boy on 4 August 2020 in accusation of raping a six-years-old girl. The victim was raped on 3 August 2020 and the complaint was lodged…
Update of 4 August Regarding Corona Virus Infection
On 4 August 2020, additional 259 cases were diagnosed with which there are now 21,009 corona virus infected people in Nepal. According to the Ministry of Health and Population, 15,026…
Women and Social Committee Instructs Government To Frame Rules To Regulate Acid Sale
The Women and Social Committee of the Parliament has directed the government to control and manage the sale and distribution of acid and to modify the punishment. The committee instructed…